I’ve been updating the database more frequently, and with less fanfare, recently. But every once in a while it’s nice to point out some of the new sites, or small new improvements and features, that have quietly crept in. Here are some fun queries to try. I encourage you to compare with Google using the “Google” link next to the search box. And I also recommend trying the “reuse a second window” preference, it’s a faster way to explore your search results!
- DRC 2001
- 1995 Belair
- Better separation for things like Mad Dog (wine brand from Australia) and Mad Dog 20/20 (comes with its own paper bag).
- Improved handling of German vineyard names like Marcobrunn (I dare you to try to find a German vineyard not in the database…)
- Yellow+Blue Malbec
- 1103P rootstock (note the many synonyms we recognize).
- ML01 (genetically modified yeast for malolactic fermentation)
- Thousands of pages from France’s INIST, with abstracts from topics from terroir viticole et typicités organoleptiques to Effect of malolactic fermentation on ethyl carbamate formation in Chardonnay.
- Lots of new sites, from Cupcake Vineyards or Viña Miranda to the Chicago Tribune’s food & wine blog The Stew, to the new (and pretty cool!) comparison shopping engine 1000 Corks.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything missing? Drop me a note.